[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
badkittehco.com • View topic - question on file locations for making textures:)
Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: question on file locations for making textures:)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:38 pm 

ok i'm being brave & trying to learn to make textures.(for awhile they'll prob be kinda plainish while i learn the tricks) first of do i place the files for the textures i'm making inside my daz program or should i set up a separate runtime for my projects?first i was told to make a separate spot on my desktop,then i was told they need to be in the program or i'll need to edit the pz2's.which way is best?(I'm experimenting with the CMP script for daz3. Brave huh:))

Post subject: Re: question on file locations for making textures:)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 am 
Site Admin

You want your textures inside the runtime file structure before you start hooking them up to Poser nodes. They should be in their own directory, so they don't get overwritten or mixed up with other people's content.
For example: \Runtime\Textures\MyTextures\Project1

where "MyTextures" you replace with your name or something that signifies your creations.
and "Project1" you replace with the name of the project/texture set you're working on.

In my case, it would be:
\Runtime\Textures\BKC-TEX\CowboySweetheart\ .... then all the files inside of it.

As far as where to keep the photoshop (or working files), you can put those wherever you like. I prefer to keep the working copies separate from what's in the runtime. Makes it easier to parse out what is what later on when you need to package the product.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:33 am 

i got an answer at daz commons-but since i'm trying to learn-i welcome any advice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 am 

ok Connie thanks. yep i have my psp images saved in separate folder. & i'm gonna cross fingers & hop & pray i did these correctly.a group i'm in had a texture challenge & provided aa simple 3 piece dress for us to play with.i figured what the hey.worse i can do is give myself a good laugh lol.well beside trying to decide how i want my bump settings & such.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:02 am 

got them made & shockingly they work lol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:44 am 
Site Admin

Wonderful!!!!! :K9

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]