[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
badkittehco.com • View topic - Hello (Again)
Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Hello (Again)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:44 pm 

I wanted to post a (re)introduction... I was here many months ago, then sort of got lost in the shuffle of real life.
Many of you, I am familiar with, some not so, but wanted to say Hi and look forward to being an active part here on Connie's board.

I work specifically in Poser (5,6,7 & 8), with no working knowledge of DAZ3D.
iMac Based (on the home front with a crappy backwoods dial-up connection)
G4 Mac (dinosaur processor) on the work-front.

Construction Estimator by day, Woodworker by trade, Sign Painter (hence the user name) and Hand Lettering artist at heart.
3D art "doodler" for fun. Sci Fi and Fantasy scenes are what I tend to lean towards when Posering, not because I want to it is just where they end up :shock:

Anyway, enough about me, how about you folks?
Nice to know who you are conversing with, I also understand if would rather not say :)

So Hello .... and Take Care!

Scott

Post subject: Re: Hello (Again)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:57 am 

Hi Scott,my name is Rose but I go by Guardian Angel online & on CB radio(msn likes ta tag #'s on hence the Guardian_Angel_671-i just adapt it for each forum lol) I'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys(David-9 & Dwayne-7)This past April we decided to move them to a type of home-schooling,haven't decided if I'm brave or suicidal yet lol.I use daz studio & have 2.3 & 3.1(advanced) though i'm still not quite sure how ta use some parts of the 3.1 lol.I love sci-fi & fantasy myself & am learning hopefully how to improve with 3D.(though I get some neat tips from peeps lol)I'm prob one of the slowest ones here lol.last spring I did manage to upgrade my vidcard,memory & power supply though.So my compy is a tad bit faster lol.ok now I'll wander before I completely bore ya'll to tears.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:02 am 

Hi Scott!

My name is Brandy, but online I go by Ravyn or RavynGyrl. I'm a stay-at home mom with two boys (Gavyn-14 and Kael-8).

I work only with Poser, as well. I have versions 6, 7, and 8...but as of late, only use 8. I primarily use my PC laptop vs our desktop...the laptop has the Intel i7 processor with 7200 rpm hard drive, so it's a bit faster than the desktop.

Fantasy, gothic, and steampunk-style sci-fi are mainly what I dabble in, in regards to art.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:49 am 
Site Admin

Hey Scott! So good to see you come hang out with us!!! :gh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:41 pm 

Hello,

I am new to the board and I would like to say hello to everybody.

I am not a professional artist... I use Poser and VUE for my renders (I began with VUE 4 and I am now working with VUE 8.4). My OS is Windows 7 x64.

My favourite genres are fantasy and gothic renders.

I am glad to be here...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:54 pm 

Well,

Hi to all, it is nice to see where others are from and what they do.

Home schooling, well my sister Home schooled 3 children and they all seem to be pretty well adjusted...
her on the other hand I cannot say for sure :shock: ;)

I wish I could be a stay at home "parent" but I have no children so I do not think my wife would approve :lol:

Anyway, good to be here and hope to see some more folks join in.

Hi and welcome wilfred :)
Professional or not makes no difference. I have been poking around with Poser for about 6 years, and only starting to remotely understand some of it. Lots to learned for hanging out in the forums, for sure.

Enjoy.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:52 am 

Thank you very much Scott. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 pm 

Hi Scott,

...eh I've been witchdidi for a long time and long story how that came about... :? :oops:

anyway, poser user here but I've been quietly dabbling in ds as I like some renders that come out of it and I care more about my end result. I'm an accountant and also just lost my job so I've been focusing more on getting my "art" better.... :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:33 am 

Eek, I shoulda posted here ages ago!

I'm not very good at the introduction thing, but... Hiya! I'm Mary (Nightsong online) and I'm uh... stay-at-home-daughter, going for my Bachelor's online, and freelancing or making content to sell when homework doesn't consume my soul. :D I used to work in game design but, when that petered out and my dad's health went south, I had to make some long-term choices about how to fulfill family obligations, learn what I needed to in order to get a better foothold in the industry, and still keep some semblance of a job. So, here I am!

Poser user here, plus Bryce, Vue, 3DSMax, Photoshop, and a smattering of Premiere. I keep trying to teach myself Carrara but it's slow going except when school isn't in session. I've also done some tinkering in a bunch of other programs, including DS, but I wouldn't call myself proficient in any of them.

Working on images in Poser (et all) keeps me sane between assignments and the pitfalls of life, and it appears to be an excellent way to flex 3D muscles (light, composition, surface shaders, realistic posing, etc.) without getting bogged down in the somewhat involved act of modeling itself. Keep it a challenge and keep on learning, is my motto! :D

That, and, all art has to have a story to it. :rofll:

So, um... Nice to meet y'all!! :oops: :D

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:22 am 

Hi all,

My real life name is Peggy, friends call me Maggie or DR for DarkestRose, and some OO for Olyve Oyle - an online game handle-. I live in Maine with my son, I'm disabled, it takes me awhile to get textures and other things done. I have Poser 7 and just downloaded D|S 4 beta. I create images for friends, online and offline, using Poser, PSP9 and Photoshop. They were gifts over time from my son and friends to give me something to do. The latest gift is Pegasus and I'm struggling with it.

It can be very frustrating for me to create things. Not just because of my disabilities, I am a certified ditz, an auburn ditz, now with plenty of gray added into the mix. I'm still struggling to understand magnets and I've been using Poser for a long time. I don't have a lot of time pain free where I can sit and figure things out.

When skilled and creative artists like Connie create free items, it is a godsend to me. I am in awe of 3d modelers and other artists. While I'm waiting for pain to pass, I spend time viewing galleries and product showcases. Many times, I don't post comments because typing can be painful, the appreciation, however, is still there in bucket loads.

I've tried to model items in Pegasus and anim8tor, and have freeware programs and tutorials up the ying yang. I can at least understand terminology in Pegasus. :) My son bought me a generic art tablet, I'm just not coordinated enough yet with drawing on it while watching the screen. Getting there :)

I'm very delighted with the images in the gallery section. They're all so great :)

-DR

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]